DOCTOR WITHOUT BORDERS / MEDICINS SANS FRONTIERES
Interested in working overseas?
Our teams require experts in a range of fields.
- Medical doctors — generalists, HIV/TB specialists, paediatricians, anaesthetists, surgeons, emergency specialists, obstetricians/gynaecologists and infectious disease specialists
- Mental health specialists — psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurses and social workers with psychology qualifications
- Lab technicians and scientists
- Field coordinators
- Logisticians — experts in construction, electricity, mechanics, water and sanitation, supply chain
- HR coordinators
- Financial controllers
- HIV or TB doctors
WHO INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
To be considered for a summer internship, applications are accepted between December 1 – January 31 each year.
Summer internships are usually held between May and October.
To be considered for a winter internship, applications are accepted between August 1 – September 30 each year.
Winter internships are usually held between November and April, the following year.
Internships in the WHO regional or country offices
The application links on this website are for internships in Geneva, Switzerland. If you are interested in applying for an internship in one of our regional or country offices where a limited number of internships may be available, please contact them directly at the following e-mail addresses:
- WHO Regional Office for Africa: email@example.com
- WHO Regional Office for the Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHO Regional Office for Europe: email@example.com
- WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHO Regional Office for South-East Asia: email@example.com
- WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO Headquarters also accepts interns in the following out-posted offices:
- WHO Global Service Centre: email@example.com
- WHO Kobe Office: firstname.lastname@example.org